Monday 26 November 2012

Task 5c



Personal ethics

I have never thought about my personal ethics ever before this module came up. Having had a thought about it I would say from a young age, a baby to a teen my family and close ones taught me my personal ethics subconsciously. They taught me right from wrong. They taught me my manners and to respect each individual and to love those close to me. From a teen I guess my friends and me myself followed the same ethics due to being in the same circle of friends it was what I knew. I always thought being there for a friend or family member was a rule in life and that is a must and still is. Naturally growing up I have always treated others how I would like to be treated but I have learnt that every individual is different but needs to be treated the same. My opinion on personal ethics is that everyone’s ethics are different from one person to the next depending on their beliefs, lifestyle and personality.

Organisation ethics

From the start of this question I have looked into many of my organisations ethics. I have learnt that there are so many ethics people have to follow in an organisation. Everyone would follow the same dress code, contract and all would need to treat one another with equal amount of respect. Like I said above people have very different personal ethics but coming together in an organisation people have to adapt and follow the same ethics. In my own organisation I have come across many ethics I wouldn’t have ever thought I was applying but interestingly I am, I am sure many people would agree in theirs it’s the same.

Professional ethics

My first thoughts on professional ethics was that surely it’s about the individual and if you’ve learnt your own personal ethics throughout your life it would of taught you to be a professional in any situation therefore giving you professional ethics. Learning to respect others and yourself and following rules of life and meeting standards you need to would make you professional.

Consequentialist

If I had a child that came into reception in September fighting and shouting everyone and genuinely being inappropriate. And then January comes and the child had made great progress and had many friends and was pleasant to everyone around. This was due to the teachers completely ignoring the negative behaviour, when the child was being distracting. The tactics the teachers used was to praise the child when done the littlest thing. I feel being a consequentialist could work in certain scenarios. Surely it is wrong to go against such an ethic of being treated equally and to me every child has different needs and you need to use different approaches on them.

Deontologist

Having just right from wrong in my profession is nearly impossible. Especially when a child has answered a question and they are so close to the correct answer or you know they have tried so hard telling them their wrong would completely shatter their confidence and again not remembering that they all have different needs. Surely it’s an achievement so that to me is not wrong even if the answer isn’t right. Being a deontologist maybe would work in some organisations but definitely not all of them.

Virtue ethicist

Working at a school with children from all different walks of life with many different needs I immediately have to get to know what they are capable of and get to know their characteristics to know their actions. To be this means to be inclusive and to treat everyone the same and this has become part of my personal, organisation and professional ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment